No Pause Button



I missed writing this blog. So, I am starting again. Yes, it is unashamedly about my two boys. It is my excuse to write about whatever I want with amusing stories about them as the backdrop. It has actually been a couple of years since I left it. But, the stories have been piling up. So, enjoy!

Little E was playing on the Kinect the other day and I told him he needed to get his shoes and coat on so we could leave the house. He started to walk away from the xbox. Big E started to grab the controller to pause the game. Little E reassured him, "Don't worry. When I walk away it pauses itself."  We were watching an old movie - Chitty, Chitty, bang bang - the other night. In the middle of the movie it actually had a part that was in many movies made in that time period. It had an intermission. Little E was curious what the screen said. We explained to him that an intermission was a time when people paused to use the restroom or get a snack. It must have seemed odd considering he could have pressed the pause button at any time on the remote.

Now I resume this blog. It is two years later. My youngest just turned seven and my oldest is about to turn nine. Where is the pause button?! Sometimes, I wish there was one. But, when I really think about it, I change my mind. Because, aren't the best movies the ones where you are so entranced by the story that you are right there in the moment waiting expectantly for the next scene? Home (iPhone) movies are great. But, there is nothing better than seeing the story unfold live. Pay attention! You could miss the best scene. 

No comments: