Not Too Sick To Pray

Just a cute story. No deep meaning in this one that I deciphered. It may just be late and I may just be tired. Feel free to comment with any wise application if you like.

It is sad to see your kid when they are sick. You feel helpless as you watch them and wish you could make it go away. One day, "E" was sick and I was tucking him in bed and trying to help him to feel better. His eyes were halfway closed because he had pinkeye. He kept pulling on his ear because he had an ear infection. And, he had this deep, scratchy cough from his slight case of bronchitis. He was a mess. His mom had already made sure he had enough liquids and had given him some medicine. But, it was obvious that he was miserable as all children or adults would be given his situation. We went about our bedtime routine the best we could. It starts with reading a book. Then, to a Bible story. After that, we sing a song. Then, lastly we pray. "E" was laying back not saying much since he did not feel well. So, I decided I would just pray and he could agree with me. I prayed for a number of things as we always do. Then, I came to the part where I prayed for him because he was sick. I said, "Lord, I pray that you would continue to heal 'E'". And, this sick little two year old, with squinty eyes, ringing ears, and half his voice mustered up a little energy and right within the flow of my prayer "E" prayed, "RIGHT ABOUT NOW!" I love how kids say what they mean and mean what they say. Don't you?

No comments: